Taking A Look At The Holiday Shopping Habits Of Consumers And What It Reveals.
The world media focused a lot this past week on the Black Friday bargain sales that take place the day after America’s Thanksviging celebration. And of course, Cyber Monday, which is the online version of those big doorbuster sales.
A recent post-Black Friday Yahoo! news report noted that the statistics for post-Thanksgiving sale activity were down. “According to the National Retail Federation’s Thanksgiving weekend spending survey, 55.1 percent of holiday shoppers were expected to visit stores or go online over Thanksgiving weekend, down from 58.7 percent last year.”
However the report also stated that the decrease can be viewed as a positive economic sign, noting that “the decline can be attributed to an improving economy and changing shopping habits.”
Whatever your stance is on shopping, the fact is it’s a holiday necessity at this time of year in most countries. So why not take a look at the different styles of consumer behaviour and find out what type of shopper you are?
The 5 Types of Shoppers
The way you shop, and the type of shopper you are, can naturally influence how much you spend (or how often you have to go back to the store to return things!) If you’ve ever returned home from a shopping and wondered, “Why in the world did I buy that?” the answer might have to do with your shopping personality type.
1. The Touchy-Feely Shopper: A shopper that picks something up and then usually purchases it.
2. The Mall Lingerer: These shoppers take their time going through a store.
3. Guerrilla Shopper: The opposite of the mall lingerer. This person waits until the last minute, especially around the holiday season, and then runs around frantically, trying to get all the shopping done in one hit.
4. The Sales Junkie: These people are subjected to a spillover effect. If they see one bargain, they think everything in the store is a bargain, making them more inclined to spend more money. For instance, some dollar-store items (like peroxide, tomato sauce and Gatorade) are sometimes cheaper at supermarkets/discount stores. Warehouse stores like Costco may be a bargain when it comes to batteries and cereals, but less so when it comes to items such as digital cameras.
5. The Social Shopper: This type enjoys shopping with friends and almost never shops alone, and they tend to make a lot of impulse purchases.
And of course, we always know that the gift of Organo Gold is one of THE BEST gifts of the season!
Try gifting a semester’s supply of BrewKups to your nephew heading back to college.
Or perhaps some Organo Gold Ganoderma Lucidum nutraceutical products for your friend who is always starting off the new year with a health kick.
So many ideas and options are online at ==> http://www.wow101.organogold.com
AND here is a great gift! Our Organo Gold Family Holiday Cookbook!! It's FREE! Wait till you see all the wonderful recipes! Enjoy! Click the pic below!
Wishing you a Happy Holiday season!
Blog post source: http://blog.organogold.com/blog/og-treasures/holiday-shopping-habit