Do You Have Toxins In Your Life?
Do you believe there are barriers that stop you from achieving your goals?
One barrier may be the toxic people in your life. Another, you feel the goal is so huge, you are overwhelmed! Or could it be lack of money, motivation or self belief? The list goes on. Bottom line, you've convinced yourself that your goal is unattainable!
Believe me, I know how it feels! I wasted so much precious time on reasoning why I couldn't succeed! I gave up my power! I refused to seek help. Consequently, I ate my insecurities and completely stopped exercising. I gained close to 30 lbs within 2-3 months! I became stuck in a dark place and didn't love myself!
The good news – I got through it! I did it! HOW? I asked myself: What is the most important goal in your life? My answer: My health and well being! "Health is wealth!"
Once I acknowledged that in my heart, I was able to move forward. You can do the same! Visualize yourself as health and fit. What are the perks?
- you'll feel so much better physically
- you'll feel confident and attractive
- you'll have more energy and stamina
- you'll be able to concentrate on/and plan your future
- your clothes will fit better
- you'll set a good example for others
- you'll likely extend your life expectancy
The list could be never-ending! I concentrated on what I found motivated me. Either way, draw up your own list…write it down. Put it in a place where you can easily see it. Next! What resources do I need to achieve this? Here are a few suggestions:
- a mentor
- a group dedicated to health and fitness goals
- a buddy. A "buddy" you can call when you need a word of encouragement. You will also be there for them.
- a detailed action plan
- books and "how to guides"
- an exercise program. This could be things you can do at home …walking, jogging, easy exercise videos…
- a way to keep track of your progress
Please remember to visit your doctor before beginning an exercise program. Best to be safe! I know there will be days that are challenging. It's a normal reaction! You've got to keep your goal in mind!
Go to your list! Read the perks! You can do it! This quote helped me, especially first thing in the morning!
"SMILE and let everyone know that today, you're a lot stronger than you were yesterday!" Take one baby step at a time!
Here I am today; after 25 minutes on my elliptical machine…5 minutes more than usual! YES, there are days that I feel sick to my stomach, my body aches and I feel like throwing up but I still do it!
I've achieved my weight goal. Now I'm toning my body. It's good for my heart as well! I have so much more that I'd love to share with you: how to lose weight (without dieting), how to stay energetic and focused and health tips!
I'll keep you updated and share what has worked for me and others. As they say, "Health is wealth!"