Sharing Some Of My Favorite Healthy Smoothie Recipes And A Couple More Surprises.
Summer is the best time to enjoy all the fresh fruit that is available and get healthy at the same time. I love going to the Farmer's Market for mine…not only for fruit but for veggies as well.
- 1 apple (I use a Granny Smith apple)
- 1 orange
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries
- 120ml fresh orange juice
- 60ml rice or coconut milk
- A handful of ice cubes (optional)
- Peel and cut the apple, orange and banana into small pieces and place in the blender.
- Add the strawberries, orange juice and rice or coconut milk along with ice cubes (optional).
- Blend for 20 seconds or until smooth. Enjoy!
Now, this one is really healthy! I saw it on Dr. Oz and even though I had my doubts, I ended up loving it!
Dr. Mehmet Oz’s Green Drink Recipe – SERVES 3 to 4
- 2 apples (cored, but leave the skin on them)
- 2 BIG handfuls of spinach
- 1 medium cucumber
- 3 ribs/sticks of chopped celery
- 1/2 inch or teaspoon ginger root, peeled
- 1 bunch parsley
- Juice of 1 lime
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
After everything is combined in a blender (I highly recommend Vita-mix), this recipe makes 28 to 30 ounces — about three to four servings.
Antioxidant-rich green tea makes this smoothie a nutritional powerhouse. WOW! This is a great, healthy drink any time of day!
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 green tea bag – I use Organo Gold Green Tea infused with Ganoderma.
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 C frozen blueberries
- 1/2 med banana
- 3/4 C calcium fortified light vanilla soy milk
- In small glass measuring cup or bowl, microwave water on high until steaming hot. Add tea bag and allow to brew 3 minutes. Remove tea bag. Stir honey into tea until it dissolves.
- In blender with ice crushing ability, combine berries, banana, and milk.
- Add tea to blender. Blend ingredients on ice crush or highest setting until smooth. (Some blenders may require additional water to process the mixture.) Pour smoothie into tall glass and serve.
And now, here is something special. Found it at: Secrets of Scandinavian Cooking: Scandilicious by Signe Johansen
This pink pick-me-up has some impressive restorative powers.
The citrus fruit and the raspberries balance the sweet, slightly earthy taste of the beetroot juice wonderfully. Serves 4
- 8 clementines
- 2 large pink or red grapefruit
- 8 fresh beetroots (around 250g), leaves removed
- 1 large punnet of raspberries
- 1 large knob of fresh ginger
- Honey or maple syrup to taste
1 Juice the citrus fruit and set aside.
2 Push the beetroot, raspberries and ginger through a juicer. Mix the pressed juice with the clementine and grapefruit juice.
3 If it tastes too tart, mix in a spoonful of honey or maple syrup. Serve straight away.
Parsley Tea: Parsley tea helps in detoxification. It helps in flushing out of toxins from the body. Parsley tea is rich in vitamin C, which supports the absorption of İron in the body.
Here's how to make Parsley Tea:
Pour 1 cup of boiling water over the plant material to be infused. Allow it to stand for about 5 minutes and then strain the tea.Drink it hot. You can add 1-2 drops of lemon juice.
This is something new for me and I've grown to love it! Wheat Grass Juice!
Here are a couple of recipes!
Sweet Grass Special
* 2 large red apples
*1 large orange
*1 teaspoon certified organic honey
*pinch finely ground cinnamon
* 1 ounce shot of fresh wheatgrass juice
Juice apples and orange in standard juicer. Combine apple, orange and wheatgrass juices in a pitcher and stir to combine. Warm honey until it liquefies and mix into juices. Pour into individual glasses and dust lightly with cinnamon.
* 1 ounce shot of fresh organic wheatgrass juice
* 6 ounces fresh carrot juice
Mix juices together and drink while fresh. Enjoy!
So, there you go! I'm sure you'll get to love these as much as I have. They certainly are healthy! While you are here, pick up your FREE "Berry Booster" e-book! Click on the Berry Booster pic below.
Enjoy the Berry Booster e-book! You'll learn just how important berries are to our health!
To health, wealth and happiness!