You Still Have Plenty Of Time To Plan Something Special!
There are so many wonderful things to do on this very special day to show your Mom just how much you care.
- You can plan a brunch at her favorite restaurant with family and close friends.
- Decorate a tray and serve your Mom breakfast in bed. Take out the best china and silverware, add rose petals on tray. Whip up a delicious breakfast that you know she’d enjoy. Add a small picture frame with a family photo.
- If there are young children, have them make and decorate a special Mother’s Day card.
- Create a memory box. Fill it with with quality slips of paper detailing very special events you shared with your Mother. Let her read each one out loud.
- Make a donation to your Mother’s favorite charity in her name.
- Have her lavishly treated at a day in a spa. While she is there, have the house cleaned from top to bottom.
When she comes home, have the house filled with beautiful fresh cut flowers, serve a wonderful dinner with a bottle of the best champagne.
And of course, delicious chocolates for dessert.
In your own unique way, let her know how much you care and appreciate all she has done for you. The more personal, the more it will be appreciated. Mind you, Mothers will be happy no matter what…the most important is to have YOU there.
I know not everyone still has their Mom. My foster Mom passed away 8 years ago and I miss her so much. On Mother’s Day, I celebrate the women who are close to my heart. I love to share my love. I pray that you have someone special on this day as well.
So, start thinking about what you could do to make this day so special. Time goes by so quickly, take advantage of the time you have with your Mom. Every moment is precious.
I’d love for you to leave a comment in the Comment Box below with your favorite suggestions for Mother’s Day…perhaps one of your most memorable one.
In memory of my foster Mom, Lise Halvorsen.
Take an angel from the sky
And send her down this way.
Then send some little boys and girls
To keep her company.
Then fill her heart
With Mother love,
Give her a smile of cheer.
And you’ll have a kind of Mother
Just like my Mother, dear. Much love, Alexandra